Sunday 14 August 2011

How did I spend the festival of raksha bandhan?

Sunday
10:00 PM

Raksha Bandhan is a festival being celebrated  by the sisters in the honor of their brothers. It has a historical value of its own. Sisters pray for the long, prosperous and peaceful life of their brothers. First of all I got ready for the day. Then I tied rakhi on my brother's wrist and also I put some sweets in his mouth and prayed to god for his happiness and life. Reciprocally my brother gave me sufficient rupees and a valuable gift. I thanked my brother and I enjoyed a lot by celebrating this festival in such a humorous and pleasant way. May God bless every one with such joyful occasions in their lives. Such festivals also create a good and happy bond between brother and sister. Since a brother does not only give gifts to his sister but also takes a pledge for  her protection  from the bad elements and all her grievances. This is really a blessing of God that such a golden day comes in one's life.

2 comments: